Diseases biomarkers research laboratory
Research of proteins, the final product of recombinant protein biosynthesis process extraction and characterization, search of biomarkers for chronic diseases, extraction of biomarkers, development of identification and visualization technologies, development of new in vitro diagnostic methods are provided in this laboratory.
Costumer can order services from this applied research and experimental field list above, as well as services of proteins research (isolation, characterization). Individually planned services are available are available in lab as well.
- Proteins studies;
- Diseases biomarkers studies.
- Development of analytic methodology for protein analysis;
- Extraction and purification of proteins produced during biosynthesis process;
- Analysis and characterization of proteins produced during biosynthesis process:
- Wide spectrum of analytic methods of proteins purification and formulation processes are used in this laboratory. For example, the main criteria of purified protein quality are electrophoresis purity (gel SDD-PAGE) and relevant purity, evaluated by size-exclusion and other high effectiveness chromatography methods (as instant, jones changing and opposite phases HPLC). Usually, purified protein concentration is measured with UV spectrophotometer. All these methods are provided in this laboratory.
- Biological activeness of protein is directly combined to primary sequence and higher level structure peculiarities. Sequencer of the N-terminus amino acid is used for the primary protein sequence analysis. Because of this more than 20 amino acids can be scanned, while confirming the polypeptide sequence matching with encoded gene sequence. Together with mass spectrometry of intact protein molecular mass setting, N-terminus sequencing help to identify primary protein and peptide sequences.
- The twist of protein molecule could be investigated while using FTIR spectroscopy analysis. Because of this the main polypeptide chain secondary structure elements could be identified. FTIR analysis could be made in the protein liquid and lyophilized material, which is important in order to analyze structural changes in lyophilized forms.
- During the investigation of purified protein stability, it is important to know the amount of sub-visible particles is in the proteins liquid for the parental injection. Sub-visible particles MFI measurer helps to count the sub-visible particles in the liquid. MFI analysis also provides useful information about identified particle morphology (colour, form), which is important for origin identification.
- O Studies of proteins purification processes for final product storage and development of the pharmaceutical form (target protein extraction from cultural liquid or inlays, refold to native form of protein, purification using various methods, protein liquid concentration, dialysis processes, final purified product formulation to pharmaceutical form.
The main equipment used for proteins studies:
- Fluid chromatography system with UV and fluorescence detectors (Waters);
- Fluid chromatography system with mass spectrometry detector called Bruker (LC-MS);
- FTIR spectrometer (Bruker);
- Protein N-side sequence sequencer (Shimadzu);
- Sub-visible particles MFI analyzer (Protein Simple).
Diseases biomarkers studies:
- Search of new biomarkers of chronic diseases;
- Development of biomarkers extraction, identification and visualization technologies;
- Developmen of new in vitro diagnostic methods;
- Proteins research methods and equipment are used for diseases biomarkers studies.