Department of Immunology
Fundamental and applied scientific research, experimental development in immunology, cell culture technologies and immune analysis field, as well as biology doctoral studies, educational activities are implemented in the Department of Immunology of State Research Institute Centre for Innovative Medicine.
The department researchers carries out the long-term scientific research and experimental development programm called “Cellular and molecular immunity researches in biological models in vitro and in vivo”.
The main attention is paid on characterization of immunity state in case of pathology, search of the objective bio markers for diseases diagnostics and immunotherapy effectiveness motoring. The department extends mice, rats monoclonic antibodies collection and it also provides mice, rabbits, rats and chickens origin polyclonal antibodies production.
- Immunoglobulin IgY pseudomonas A clinical trial for cystic fibrosis treatment (IMPACTT), (2010-2014)
Lithuania-Latvia-China (Taiwan) collaboration program:
- Establishing of the framework to track molecular epidemiology of Parvoviruses and to correlate sequence variability with different clinical manifestations (2012-2014)
Nacional scientific program projects:
- Precision next-generation exon sequencing technology for healthy aging in patients with a predisposition to breast and ovarian cancer (2015-2018)
- Targeted new sequence for genetic predisposition to breast, ovarian and colon cancer (2012-2014)
- Biocontrol of microorganisms activating under microgravity conditions and causing skin infections using electro-magnetoporation (2016-2018)
Scientific groups projects:
- Influence of electrochemotherapy and its combination with dendritic cell vaccination on the elimination of fungal tumors and the formation of the immune response (2019-2022)
- Non – invasive detection of immunological markers in amniotic fluid during preterm labor (2019-2022)
- Research of persistent infection and its association with autoimmune epithelium (2014-2016)
While doing scientific researches immunology department collaborates with Lithuanian and foreign countries science institutions and business companies. The main immunology department partners are:
- National Cancer Institute
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- Karolinska Institute( Sweden)
- August Kirchenstein microbiology and virology Institute (Latvia )
- Business companies as Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, BIOTECHPHARMA, Biocenter, Innovative Pharma Baltics and others.
10 doctorates are studying in this department.
The email addresses of IMC employees are made as shown below (Lithuanian diacritics are not used):
First letter of the firstname.lastname@example.org
If the employee has two names, the first letter of his/her first name is used in the email address.
Engineer of microbiology
|PhD Mykolas Mauricas||Head of Department, Chief Researcher|
|PhD Irutė Girkontaitė||Chief Researcher|
|Prof. (HP) PhD Almira Ramanavičienė||Chief Researcher|
|(HP) PhD Audronė Eidukaitė||Senior Researcher|
|PhD Auksė Zinkevičienė||Senior Researcher|
|PhD Dainius Characiejus||Senior Researcher|
|PhD Irena Dumalakienė||Senior Researcher|
|PhD Natalija German||Senior Researcher|
|PhD Aušra Nemeikaitė-Čėnienė||Researcher|
|PhD Asta Kaušaitė-Minkštimienė||Researcher|
|PhD Grigorij Šutov||Researcher|
|PhD Anton Popov||Junior Researcher|
|PhD Ieva Varanauskienė||Junior Researcher|
|Jurgita Juršėnaitė||Junior Researcher|
|Rita Vilienė||Junior Researcher|
|Agnė Žiniauskaitė||PhD candidate|
|Arūnas Žebrauskas||PhD candidate|
|Donatas Neverauskas||PhD candidate|
|Eivina Radzevičiūtė||PhD candidate|
|Evelina Gorbikova||PhD candidate|
|Milda Vanagaitė-Žičkienė||PhD candidate|
|Robertas Čėsna||PhD candidate|
|Zenia Volockienė||Senior laboratory assistant|